Stone Sanitation is a Central Iowa residential trash and recycling service provider to customers in the greater Marshalltown area. It is our goal to provide quality and cost-effective residential garbage collection to every customer we serve across Marshall, Hardin, Tama and Story Counties.
To see which Central Iowa residential trash services are available in your community, visit the Service Area section or contact customer service.
Residential Trash Set Out Instructions
- Bag all trash before placing in your personal container or our Stone Sanitation container.
- Lids must be closed at all times.
- Place cans/carts at least 6 feet from cars, mail boxes, etc.
- Depending on location, cans may need to be placed either curbside or kept within 10' of your home.
96 Gallon Garbage Cart
Residential Waste Materials
Please bag ALL acceptable waste materials prior to placing items into the Stone Sanitation residential garbage cart or your own cans. For safety, legal, and environmental reasons, not all materials can be placed in Central Iowa residential trash carts.
Acceptable Residential Garbage
- Normal non-hazardous household waste
- Cat litter or small animal waste (if double bagged)
Unacceptable Residential Garbage
- Ammunition, fireworks
- Ashes, hot or cold
- Batteries, vehicle
- Concrete, dirt or rocks
- Dead animals
- Electronics, computers, TVs
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Medical waste
- Motor oil
- Propane tanks
- Sharps (needles or syringes)
- Un-bagged packing pellets or sawdust
- Yard waste
Stone Sanitation residential recycling service is available in Marshall County. Visit our Service Area page to learn if residential recycling is available for your home.
Acceptable Residential Recycling Items
Glass, All Colors
- Bottles (no lids)
- Jars (no lids)
- Jugs (no lids)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil or foil baking pans
- Steel or tin cans
- Brown paper bags
- Cereal boxes without the liner
- Clean paper and mail
- Corrugated cardboard, flattened
- Paperback books
- Phone books
- Shredded paper (only if tied in clear plastic bag)
- Shoe boxes
- #1 and #2 Plastic containers
- Bottles, jars and jugs
- Dairy tub, yogurt and margarine
Unacceptable Residential Recycling Items
- Any item not on acceptable list
- Ceramics or dishes
- Plastic Bags
- Prescription vials
- Sharps (needles or syringes)
- Styrofoam containers, dishes, cups, packing pellets
- Window glass or mirrors
Residential Recycling Set Out Instructions
- Bag your paper recyclables before placing in container
- Set your bin next to your garbage can
Residential Clean-out & Construction Projects
Renting a temporary roll off dumpster from Stone Sanitation can save you time and labor with your home remodeling or garage cleanout project. We deliver a variety of roll off containers to Central Iowa homes in the following sizes:
Rear Load Containers
2 cubic yard to 6 cubic yard
Roll Off Containers
10 cubic yard to 40 cubic yard
To learn more about roll off container rentals from Stone Sanitation, visit our Roll Off section.
Depending on your Central Iowa residential trash service area, you will be billed on a bi-monthly advance, or quarterly basis.
For bi-monthly advance billed customers, your Marshalltown area trash invoice will be sent on the 15th of the month, covering the next two months of Central IA trash service. The invoice due date will be the 10th of the following month. Reminder statements for past-due bills with be sent on the 15th of the next month.
Accepted payment methods for Stone Sanitation residential trash bills:
- Bank account payments from savings or checking
- Credit or debit card payments: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- We also accept checks and cash payments at our office.